Job Title: Software Developer – Bioinformatics
Predictimmune Ltd. is a pioneering diagnostics company focused on developing a series of biomarker tests to guide physicians in the treatment of patients with immune-mediated disease, through prediction of long-term clinical prognosis. Supported by cutting-edge research from the Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, PredictImmune is positioned to deliver the next generation of treatment management tools for patients living with inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.
We are seeking a Software Developer to join our fast-growing team and support the development of intelligent and automated in vitro diagnostic (IVD) software. As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of a pipeline of cloud-based software tools for immune-mediated disease management. This is a unique opportunity to apply your software development skills to the entire product development lifecycle of IVD software in a new and progressive environment. If you enjoy playing a principal role in developing innovative software solutions and have a desire to contribute to the development of a product which will transform clinical management of inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, then this is the role for you.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
This position requires:
– MSc in software development (or equivalent) or BSc in software development (or equivalent) plus 3+ years relevant industry experience
– Demonstrated programming fluency (e.g. python, C, java)
– Sound understanding of a structured software development life cycle
– Extensive knowledge of UNIX based operating systems
– Experience with cloud-based technologies (ideally AWS)
– Bioinformatics/computational biology
– Experience of designing and executing software tests within a software validation framework
– Prior experience developing software in a regulated environment (experience of ISO 13485/IEC 62304 a bonus)
– Prior experience analysing gene expression data (knowledge of analytical tools including R and Matlab a bonus)
The candidate will possess:
– Bioinformatics/Computational biology qualification
– Exceptional communication skills
– Demonstrable excellence in problem solving within fixed timelines
– Flexibility and the ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
What you’ll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to help successfully build PredictImmune’s pipeline of products from concept to completion and in return we offer a competitive salary package + benefits including Life Assurance, Healthcare, Pension and stock options.
If you feel you have got what it takes to join a vibrant and dynamic company, then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org