Job Title: Scientist / Senior Scientist
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Product Development
PredictImmune was created in early 2017 as a spin-out from the Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, UK and is a new generation molecular diagnostics company offering a unique approach for the prognosis of immune-mediated diseases such as inflammatory bowel disease, lupus, multiple sclerosis etc.
PredictImmune is developing prognostic assays that are simple, robust and based on RT-PCR using whole blood samples and test methodology that is routine in clinical laboratories. We aim to be the first company to offer predictive tests in immune-mediated diseases which will facilitate personalised treatment and thereby improve patient outcomes and health economics.
PredictImmune will provide its proprietary technology as both a laboratory service and as a kit depending on the needs of global markets.
The primary focus of the Scientist/Senior Scientist will be to support the transfer of research products from the laboratory to market, helping to establish our company, technologies and our people as a credible force in diagnostics. The role includes both laboratory- and office -based work contributing to accreditation under the appropriate quality and regulatory standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Product development – work closely with internal and external stakeholders to support the development of a competitive portfolio of products and services to maximise PredictImmune’s value proposition.
Lab based work – to support all stages of commercialisation from product development to manufacturing transfer and release to market.
Compliance – writing documents that are required for implementation of a company Quality Management System and accreditation under required standards.
The ideal candidate will be PhD level educated (or equivalent) with a successful track record in diagnostic product development and thrives in a start-up environment.
The candidate will possess:
- Strong experience in molecular biology, ideally combined with bioinformatics skill set
- Extensive experience and a proven track record working in R&D and manufacturing teams in a regulated environment
- Previous experience in product development and product transfer
- Understanding of quality and regulatory requirements in relation to diagnostics.
- Experience and/or a passion to work in a start-up environment would be a bonus.
- 3-5 years post PhD (or equivalent) with understanding of molecular biology and bioinformatics
- RNA handling and RT-qPCR expertise would be advantageous
- Experience in R&D and/or manufacturing environment and will have brought product to market
- Methodical and detailed approach to product development and adherence to quality and regulatory standards
- Strong project management skills involving complex projects
- Team player, self-driven and able to work under pressure with a sense of urgency
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and fit with a small and friendly team and become an integral and important member of the team.
The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake other responsibilities and training as requested by your line manager.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to send a CV.